Peanut Butter Miso Cookies
From NY Times
Claimed yield: 18 cookies
- 1 3/4 cup (225g) AP flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (220g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) demerara sugar
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar toegether.
- Add miso and peanut butter to the butter and sugar mixture, and stir an additional minute.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add one third of the dry mixture at a time into the wet mixture.
- Roll out small balls of cookie dough, then roll those around in a bowl filled with demerara sugar to coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2h and up to overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 °F and bake for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, take the tray of cookies out and tap against the counter to flatten and remove bubbles, then bake for an additional 3-4 mins.
- Let cookies cook for 3-5 mins before transfering to a cooling rack.
I wrote this recipe down on 9/3/20, but I think I may have tried them before that. They’re wonderfully chewy and savory. I could easily eat 3 in a single sitting.